The oriental cockroach is a species that can live both inside and outside. Their natural habitat is outdoors, in sewers, under debris, leaves, stones, and firewood. However, the oriental cockroach will migrate indoors when the outdoor conditions are not ideal like too hot, too cold, or too wet.
Characteristics of an Oriental Cockroach
- Dark Brown or black in color
- Body is smooth and glossy with tiny hairs on their legs
- Diet consists of garbage and decaying materials (They’ll eat just about anything)
- The adult oriental cockroach is about 1 inch long
- They are flightless
- They travel slower than other cockroach species
Interesting facts about Oriental Cockroaches
- A female cockroach can reproduce up to 200 offsprings a year
- An adult cockroach can live between 1-6 months
- Oriental cockroaches are also known as “water bugs” as they prefer to live in dark and damp places
Stay proactive by making your home less appealing to cockroaches and other pests
- Remove clutter or debris piles of wood or cardboard that could potentially serve as breeding grounds for roaches and pests.
- Keep your kitchen clean as roaches feed on crumbs, spills, scrap foods and unsealed food.
- Vacuum your home often
- Seal up all possible entry points with silicone-based caulk such as cracks around doors, windows and even pipes.
- Cockroaches depend on water, so make your home less desirable by eliminating standing water.
Call for Help
Our team of highly trained technicians will be able to assess, diagnose, and help you solve your most frustrating pest problems.
AANTEX Pest Control offers a variety of free inspections and services to the entire Bay Area. 1-800-471-5555
Other Articles you may be interested in: